Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas recap

Brian and I have never done Christmas on Christmas morning. The first year together he got me so pumped up about it I think we did it a week early. The next year our work schedules got in the way so we did it a couple days before and this year, our third year, we did it Christmas Eve Eve.

I had been coming off a 4 day weekend and we had completely run out of things to do. We were supposed to go to Florida to see his parents but we really didn't have the money and Brian was tired of going somewhere on his days off and wanted to enjoy just being at home. I have learned a lesson....do not set up a tree 3 weeks before Christmas and if you must do not put presents under it until Christmas Eve. Sure they make it look pretty but you will get Brian begging to open them each night.

So I was to work Friday day (Christmas Eve) and we were planning on doing Christmas after work as Brian and I both had to work that Saturday. Well Thursday rolls around and we have done everything there was to do, had run out of Top Gears to watch and just completely bored out of our minds. So we opened our presents. It turns out to be good timing as we were too busy Friday night making the turkey to do anything else.

I am still impressed though, this is the closest we have actually gotten to opening presents on Christmas we have ever gotten. It is shocking to me though since I was not raised to open them before hand. We had strict rules at my house. You had to get sleep till 7am and then you could open your stockings. After that you had to wait till Mom and Dad woke up, opened their stockings, ate breakfast and THEN you could open your gifts....one at a time. Brian tells me he had a similar tradition.

We had a wonderful Christmas. I got some shirts, Christmas PJs, slippers, a couple books, some money which I am using on my Shutterfly photobooks, an ornament, a movie game, 3 pearls for my Add-A-Pearl necklace from Brian, a gift card to LL Bean that I have already spent, and a couple cook books. Brian got Christmas PJs (we have to exchange the pants), money for work clothes, a book, a Tagine (indian cooker thing), a cook book, an ornament, and Season 1 and 2 of Good Eats and 3 thermal shirts from me. I feel like there was more but Brian and I cannot think of them... :( Sorry, I am know we loved them we just can't think of them

A small but very useful and practical Christmas. Brian and I have worn all of the clothes more then once and are trying to find the best way to soak our Tagine so we can use that too. Brian had a very successful trip to Men's Wearhouse but that is going to be it's own post. I have already started putting my photobooks back together so Shutterfly will be very pleased with it's numbers this quarter :). I LOVE my slippers! SO comfy...they are half slipper/half mitten if that makes ANY sense and are in the Mary Jane style. I LOVE Mary Jane's. And I cannot wait till spring to wear my new LL Bean T-Shirt.

Thanks to everyone who was so generous with us this year, we really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment