Friday, December 24, 2010

White Christmas in Myrtle Beach, SC?

Well...if it actually happens it would be a couple days late. The Carolina's are apparently due in for a snow storm. NC is supposed to be hit MUCH MUCH harder then we are but there is a decent chance we could get snow.

Now it has snowed in Myrtle Beach and no it has happened since Hugo circa 1989 (As a result of Hugo they had a huge snow storm, we are talking 15 inches). And I know snow. I am not a southerner by any means and I know snow is more then a snowflake every 5 hours. I am from the North, now there are lots of people who are further North then I was and got more snow. That being said,  I know snow enough to know not to drive where there are Southerners trying to drive in it (sorry...driving in snow is different then driving in rain and if you don't know how, as you shouldn't being in the South, it can be quite dangerous) and what constitutes snow.

Last year in February (the opening of the Olympics in Canada) we got snow. Yes, snow snow. The whole town got up in arms and canceled a marathon although it was going to be FINE and was fine the next day. The thousands of people here for the marathon were not happy. I, however, was SOOOO excited. As my father accidentally drunk dialed all his friends when the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, I drunk dialed my friends. Accept I wasn't really drunk...just very excited.

What don't believe me?


During the night:




Snow on a Palm Tree???













More snow on a Palm Tree????



8am the next morning:



So this is Myrtle Beach huh?

Aren't you glad you came down to relax on the beach?

Are you sure we are in Myrtle Beach?

Really now....

Brian's car

My car thinking we had escaped this mess

Maybe I don't have to move to the North to get snow

But in South Carolina fashion it was all GONE by 9:30am. I wanted to get pictures of snow on the actual beach but it had all melted.

But supposedly on Sunday I am going to have to make two folders within my "snow in Myrtle Beach" folder...one for Feb and one for Dec. I am working Sunday morning so if it is snowing you better bet there will be pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment