Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So after working 70 hours....

It is time to do my Thanksgiving post!

Brian and I flew out on Monday morning. The plan was to fly into La Guardia, take the shuttle to penn station, meet daddy, go eat at a restaurant we saw on travel channel and take the train home with daddy. That mostly went as planned. Flew in just fine, caught the bus and was all good until we realized that there was a transfer at Grand Central and we would have to wait 30 minutes for the next bus to take us to Grand Central. Well...it was faster to walk to Dad's office so that is what we did. That went well though the bag we had didnt have the shoulder strap so I had flung it over my shoulder with the handles. Good thing I am in such good shape! We got to Dad's office but he was in a meeting and we tried to go up and surprise him but the front desk attendant had no clue what he was doing so we ended up having to pull Dad out of his meeting :(

The restaurant  we were going to was in Brooklyn which meant a subway ride and alot of walking as well. Dad had directions and metro cards and we were off. We ate at the Atlantic Chip Shop which was featured on travel channels Deep Fried Paradise because they fry EVERYTHING. I had fish and chips and the fried snickers dessert and Brian had fried sausage and chips and the fried banana dessert. The food was okay, not amazing but okay. Glad we went but probably wouldn't go back even if we lived closer


Ya it is sideways

Brian's sausage and chips

My fish and chips

The friend banana

The fried snickers bar

After lunch we headed back to Dad's office. I made us get off at the wrong subway stop so we had a lot more walking but after all that fried food I think we kind of needed it. On the way to Grand Central Dad walked us through Broadway so Brian got a mini tour of Manhattan which was pretty cool.  I was definitely glad to be home. Mom had cooked steak and the puppies were so happy to see us.

Bailey

Benjamin

Tuesday was Brian's day to do whatever. We left my house at 10 am and went to see Stew Leonards which is a grocery store that produces its own milk, eggs, butter, meat, etc. It is a local thing that I know as being CRAZY busy. We were probably going on one of the worst days but Brian wanted to go so off we went.




It says: As featured on Ripley's Believe It or Not which was not there before
After Stew Leonards we headed to New Haven. We were going to eat at Frank Pepe's pizza parlor which is world famous for having the best pizza and competing with Sally's (which is literally down the block) and to hang out with his Uncle. Pepe's was amazing! Gosh eating pizza is not the same. Now Brian hasnt had real pizza in over 15 years and I havent had it in over 5 so we may be a bit biased but it was VERY good and it wasn't all that expensive either.





Forgot to take a before picture so the midway through will have to do :)

Fall how I have missed thee
After lunch we had some time so we went to the Peabody Museum which is part of Yale University. I didnt remember being there but but my mom says I had been when I was a little girl. It was a lot of fun and I could totally see bringing my own kids there if we lived in the area. Brian used to go here ALL the time as child (he grew up in a neighboring town).


Brian was really excited that this turtle was still there



Do Do bird!


After Peabody it was time to meet up with his Uncle. His Uncle is so cool! So sweet! I had a blast. I also met one of his Aunts who was just precious. They showed me baby photo's of Brian (he was a blonde like me!) and his uncle took us out to dinner at an amazing  Mexican restaurant. After wards we went back to his Uncles house and just talked it was awesome!

Wednesday was dad's day. He had a surprise for us. Brian and I were convinced he was taking us to go shooting but boy were we wrong. He took us to a horse and donkey rescue up in Coventry CT. It was freezing but all the animals were so cute!













On the way home from the rescue we made a impromptu pit stop at another one of Brian's favorite spots as a child called Dinosaur Park. Apparently in the 1960's a construction crew stumbled about dinosaur tracks in CT. A month later it was a state park and a year later it was a national park. My family had never heard of the park and loved it.










 Wednesday night we all hung out and Mom introduced Brian to her amazing Chicken Paprika dish.

Thursday morning was Thanksgiving so we had pancakes for breakfast as usual. In the morning while dinner was cooking Brian and I went up to the garage and went through all of our old things and pointed out things we would like to have as my parents are downsizing since they get to retire soon. YAY! ( At times I wonder if Brian and I will ever get to that point. Dinner was fabulous and Jay and Onsun (spelling?) came over as usual and after dinner we watched the football game.




Found my mom's wedding dress!

And Friday before we left for home Mom took xmas card pictures:







And that was Thanksgiving....we wish it never ended :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment