Sunday, December 12, 2010

Don't I just live in the best apartment/apartment complex?

After our continuing AC issues, having to replace all the pipes/tubing in the sink, replace the refrigerator and dealing with our ceiling of our Master Bath falling in we have yet another adventure to live through.

It all started innocently enough as it always does. It was Friday and I was on my way home from work and I call Brian (no Mom I was not driving I was walking to my car) and tell him I was on my way home. He proceeds to tell me that we have no water but he will explain when I get home. This is not the first time we have had no water, the first time they were doing scheduled maintenance but never told anyone so all of a sudden we had no water for the day. I was thinking this scenario had happened again. This time however was different.

When I got home  Brian proceeded to tell me that at about 3pm they lost water. He walked downstairs and found out that the pipe had burst hence the lack of water. When I walked from my car to the apartment there were two men still out there looking at the ground. The water was no longer gushing but nothing was closed in. They proceeded to try to warn me that I had no water, I told them I knew. I get upstairs and we get ready for our night out. Fortunately we both had showered earlier and we didn't need the water. By the time the we got out of the apartment the guys were gone and the holes covered up. Brian and I both mentioned that we hoped that meant that the water was back on. When we got back we reiterated that statement. Given where we are we wouldn't have been surprised (upset but not surprised) if we still did not have water. Turns out we did have water. So bad situation turned not so bad right? Well....not for us.

Saturday rolls around and I go to work and everything is fine. We don't use that much water but when we do the faucets have air in them but we figure that is just the side affect of the pipes bursting. We aren't concerned at this point.

Today when Brian takes a shower he notices there is sand on the bottom of the tub. I come home from work and I shower. I notice as I am showering sand/rock/particles coming down but I figure that is the ceiling falling above me until I get out and notice it was actually sand. The water had also lost pressure and couldn't keep temperature or change to a proper temperature. It started out VERY hot and I had trouble getting it to cool. When it did finally cool it would not get warm again. When I got out and turned off the water but it never stopped running. It wasn't dripping it was running. I had to get Brian in to turn it off. So this has gotten us confused.

We load the dishwasher and that seems to run fine. I need to do laundry and try to start the washing machine. The water starts slowly slowly slowly filling into the tub so it is taking forever to get full. Brian calls his friend Al who is all knowing about these things and Al figures out that sediment from the pipe burst probably got stuck in the pipes and is stuck in the washers filter and blocking the water. Al gives Brian instructions on how to get to the filter but Brian is unsuccessful. Even by looking at the bolt he would need to unscrew you could tell that there was no way he was getting in. So we turn on the washer again and now the water is just dripping down. I HAVE to get laundry done so I start filling up buckets of water and pouring them into the washer. At a certain level the washer turns on. Phewf! At least the washer itself works. I had to pour more buckets to finish the load. Meanwhile the tub is filling with sand which is only proving Al's theory

It had started having an issue in our bathrooms and laundry room which was on the opposite side of the apartment from the kitchen because the kitchen faucet was fine. Well apparently it is contagious. Brian calls the landlord. Landlord is pissed and is calling the HOA. The landlords husband thinks we just haven't run the water long enough so Brian starts turning on the faucets. We lose cold water in the bathroom and notice the bathroom sink is filling with yellow water. We stop that so we don't lose water. Brian calls the water people as they have an after hours number and is on the phone with them now. They are saying that it is the HOA's responsibility due to where the incident is occurring but did give Brian another number to try.

Hopefully this will be resolved faster then our Master Bathroom ceiling and AC issue. Thankfully we do not use a lot of water. On top of all this? Brian is sick with what I had all last week :( Poor baby :(

No comments:

Post a Comment