Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New Favorite Recipe

I have had this recipe for months just waiting for the day our budget would allow us to get a few extra's. Today was the day so while my bank account feels pretty empty and my pantry pretty full (yay catch up!) We picked up a few of the extra's I needed.

Bella's Fresh Corn Salad

Ingredients:

6 Ears of Corn (I just used frozen corn kernels... a little more then half a bag)
1 (8.5 ounces) jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil, sliced reserve the oil
1 large avocado cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup diced zucchini
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (we skipped this as the store we went to didn't have them, it is missed)
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (we skipped this, did not miss this as much)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup reserved olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

1) In a large pot of boiling water cook corn until warmed through 3 to 5 minutes
2) rinse with cold water until cool
3) Combine sun dried tomatoes, avocado, zucchini, scallions, and cilantro in a large bowl
4) In a separate small bowl combine remaining ingredients to make a vinaigrette, whisking until blended
5) Cut kernels off cobs and add to salad
6) Pour in vinaigrette and toss gently

We used equal portions of each. I forgot how much/little things were so I used 2 1/2 small avocados to equal one large one, 3 small zucchinis which accidentally equaled more then 1 cup, I eye balled the sun dried tomatoes and corn. The vinaigrette was pretty much unchanged except we added a tiny bit more olive oil as I was getting my sun dried tomatoes from a 72 ounce jar rather then an 8 ounce jar and can't take all of the oil. Next time I will be making sure we get scallions as it is missing that...kick. But definitely something you want to add salt and pepper to.

Very good right now, can only imagine how good it would be if I made it correctly with the scallions. Best part? Extremely healthy :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for stopping by, and welcome to blogging! I look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete