Wednesday, January 5, 2011

30 Day Project/Challenge: Day 7

1) Someone who has made your life worth living for:

This is a really really hard one. I really do try to live my life for myself. I have also never been so down in the dumps that I needed someone to give me a reason to live. I could give you the answer of "my future babies make my life worth living" and while that would be true I feel that is not what this question is trying to get out of me. I almost feel that answer is cheating for this question. While I may not always love life, does anyone always LOVE life?, I have a pretty good one. I have had my bumps and curves but I think there would be a lot of people who would love to trade with me. I have amazing parents, real true friends, good boyfriend/husband and a good head on my shoulders. Those people help make my life as good as it is but I can't just say "everyone I know makes it worth living" as I feel that is cheating even though it is true as well. But I can't just name one person.

My pick are my parents. They are the ones who helped me get this good head on my shoulders. They were my friend and parents when I needed it, they have been there for me the longest and made sure I was always as secure as I could be so I could enjoy my life. They have been there through everything and it is there stability that allows me to feel safe enough to be as independent as I am. Without them I would not have the life I do now, and I don't mean that literally. They have sacrificed a lot for me and I appreciate them more then they know. So if someone else has made my life worth living, it would definitely be them.

2) A photo of something you stand for:

I believe everyone should have a choice. Male, Female, Black, White or Purple. Any one and any choice. They should be able to chose what they do with their lives. No one should be forced to do anything. Now they have to be willing to accept the consequences of their choice, good or bad, but no one should have the right to take someones choice away. I cannot think of a situation where I do not believe in someone's right to choose. I also believe that it is up to each person to make themselves educated on the choice(s) they are or will make. Accurate information needs to be available but it is no one's responsibility to educate others. I consider someone asking for advice or telling someone about it with the expectation that the other person would give their opinion (which happens almost all the time before making a choice) an act of the individual looking for information and educating themselves. For school, it is the parent's responsibility to make sure the child goes and by ensuring that the child does go is in effect asking for someone to educate their child.

*off my soap box*

No comments:

Post a Comment