Friday, January 28, 2011

My birthday trip to Charleston

As promised, Brian took me to Charleston on 1/21st. We woke up late so we got there late but that was okay.

We ate lunch with our friend Will at a place called O'Charlies. We got lost so by the time we got there I was starving. The place is called O'Charlies on the sign but it's address in the iPhone and GPS has it as Charlies Grill and Tavern or something like that. O'Charlies is a great restaurant in North Charleston. When we got there Will had ordered us some delicious nachos and we added onto that with some wonderful chicken fingers with great barbecue sauce. Brian got a burger, Will got the chicken fingers again, and I got a Southwestern salad. It was very good. We would go back again for sure and I wish we had one up in Myrtle Beach.

After lunch we hung out at a nearby mall  until Will had to leave for work. Brian and I continued to walk around. Their mall is no better then ours though all the stores are A LOT larger in size and would be that much better to shop in. After we got sick of the mall, Brian and I headed to Charleston.

We parked and walked down through the battery and around town trying to burn off our lunch and get hungry for our dinner at our favorite restaurant Blossoms. It was a beautiful day out, 58 degrees! I had on jeans, a nice black short sleeved shirt and my nice new Dansko Mary Jane heals. I had a leather jacket that I wore as it got cool. It was a wonderful night. Brian and I talked all throughout our walk. It was just so nice!

Soon it became 6pm and we figured we should go in an eat. We were not at all hungry as lunch was so late but we did want to get home at a decent hour and my feet were killing me! I had thought I had broken in my new shoes enough but apparently not. I had to take them off during dinner. We skipped the appetizer, something we never do, and went straight to dinner. I had steak with blue cheese butter, potato confit and creamy spinach. Brian had swordfish with a mustard sauce over fettuccine with rapini which is what I got last time. My steak arrived cut up in 5 pieces. I ate 2 of those, the spinach and a taste or two of the potato. It was VERY good, don't get me wrong I just was not hungry at all. Brian finished his swordfish and had a bite or two of the pasta and then he was done. We were just so full from lunch and we both tried to take it easy. I don't think either of us were in the mood for desert, I know I wasn't, but I think Brian felt bad as this was supposed to be our nice birthday dinner so we ordered the red velvet bread pudding. VERY good but I ate two bites and was done. That is UNHEARD of for me and desert especially when it is bread pudding. 

After dinner we drove home and watched some TV as neither of us was tired. All in all, a very good birthday trip to Charleston :)

No comments:

Post a Comment