Thursday, January 20, 2011

I know what I am spending my bday money on!

I have figured it out! Maybe I have been in the South too long or at Caroline's too much but having the house decorated for the holidays and/or season has become important to me. Or at least something I want to do. The catch, I do not have the money to buy the necessary decorations. The little extra money I do have I feel can be put to better use even if it is not on bills or savings. Hence why Caroline's gift of Vday decorations were so awesome! I think Caroline is making that her pet project...keeping up to date with holiday decorations as she was talking about St Patrick's day and Easter as I was leaving.

While I can't wait and appreciate her to no end, I realized I could spend my bday money on it as well. I figure I start with the kitchen and then move to other rooms. Napkins, place mats, dishtowels, etc for Xmas, Easter, Vday, 4th of July, a summer/fall/spring/winter theme, etc. Very basic, very low key but fun as well. Stuff that I can use here in the apartment and bring into our house when we buy one. Brian and I both don't want to buy things for this apartment that we can't move with us, we see it as a waste of money. So it will be things I do actually like and need. Maybe this place will start to feel like a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment