Wednesday, January 12, 2011

30 Day Project/Challenge: Day 8

1) Someone who has made you r life hell, or treated you like shit

My most recent ex. At times I think he meant too...other times I think he was dealing with too many issues to really notice. I try not to think about it. That is all I really want to say on that subject.

2) A photo of something you enjoy doing

I will take two photo's  to show this can you guess the theme?

Traveling Matt

Me going through a sacred watering hole in Innisheer, Ireland
I love to travel. It is even more fun when plans go without a hitch but sometimes the hitches can be fun as well. I am not sure why I am so obsessed with traveling. My parents never really took us anywhere. Well, they did but not like everyone else. We never went on vacation. We stayed home in the summer, didn't go anywhere over winter break, and basically stayed home. We did attempt to do a family reunion every 4 years and I remember going to 2 of those attempts (I don't think it was attempted again), my Grampa Daddy passed so we went to the funeral in Vermont, and we did go to places but not at all often. We have been to VA, CA, and MA to visit relatives over some of the holidays but that really is it. So I have not been raised to love to travel. We really started traveling when I started for college. A lot of families I see and know take their kids everywhere. They can hardly go a month without escaping home it seems like. There is nothing wrong with that but that isn't how I grew up. While my classmates had cool "what did you do this summer" essays mine was quite boring and my teachers thought I didn't put enough work in it and had forgotten a family trip or something.

Based on my childhood, it is odd to me that I love to go places so much. You would think I would be satisfied and content staying at home and not doing anything. However I am not. I was not a hermit and did not live in a bubble. Traveling just was not on our families to do list.  I did go to Italy/Greece when I was in High School. It was my birthday and Christmas gift and lots of other things wrapped up in one. I did do study abroad in college to Ireland where I never really stayed in one place. Brian and I are constantly going to someplace new. Brian has actually started to mention going someplace next time we are both off so he has recouped from me wearing him out. I just do not know where I got the love of travel.

I think our next step is Atlanta, Ga.

No comments:

Post a Comment