Thursday, January 27, 2011

I LOVE it when projects get finished!

Before the New Year, it may have actually been on my old blog, I had three projects that I was working on that I really wanted to get finished. As I think about it, I do believe it was on the old blog so I will go over that list again.

1) Recipes.

Brian and I have been collecting recipes for years. He has written down his, I have my own that I have found before our relationship and then of course the recipes we have found together. We really wanted to type them all out and make our own cookbook out of them. This was a really daunting task for me to do. We had hundreds of recipes to type up and it just stops being fun after 5 recipes.

2) Photobooks

I take LOTS of pictures if you haven't noticed. I also love photo albums. It would be WAY to expensive to print all of my photo's and put them into albums the old fashioned way so doing digital Photobooks is my compromise. Though it isn't really a compromise as I love them all! I started with my Study Abroad pictures years ago but the site I used ruined them so I had to start over. I really wanted to finish them as I had 19 books just for Study Abroad let alone all the books I wanted to do of Brian's and my adventures. I have found a great company called Shutterfly and just love them so far. I really want to finish and keep up with my adventures this way

3) My scrapbook

I started a scrapbook when Brian and I started dating and I have it finally up to date till this last May. Since then our third anniversary happened, Brian's bday, trip to Savannah, Nicole/Adam's wedding, the Baptism, Brians' Bday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my bday have passed. I need to get it updated. I also need to get engaged so I can start a new scrapbook as the current one is about to split :)

Well I finally made progress. I got 2 and 1/2 projects finished!

1) I got the recipes all typed up. I am still collecting them so now I need to make sure I keep that updated but the hard part of that project is over. My drive was that I was using it as a Christmas present.

2) On 1/21 I finished ALL of the photobooks! I am finally done with ALL of my Study Abroad photobooks and I have done all of Brian's and my current trips. I did decide to use my birthday money towards this as well so I do not have as much for decorating but I do have some left over and the money that I was planning on saving for photobooks can be made into a decorating fund. I decided to go ahead and get them all done because A) I was able to upload all of the photo's myself which I haven't ever been able to do, I have always had to mail them in a CD and B) I had gotten some great discounts. This is another post I have written in advance so by the time this actually posts I could have them at home with me.

3) At the same time I did the photobooks, I got the pictures ordered for my scrapbook. When they come I just need to sit down and make the pages. I will need to go to Michaels to get pretty stickers and such but other then that, it will be finished!

I am a type A personality so I definitely do not like having projects unfinished so this definitely makes me very happy. These projects being done and very close to being done means that I can start a new project without feeling too much guilt about not finishing what I started. That new project is knitting! My Gamma Kay used to knit and my mom knows how and I would like to re-learn. My Gamma taught me at one point but I never did it so it never stuck. I have ideas to use them for presents and my mom found a company that will give knitted baby hats to newborns. I just think it would be something to do that would be productive. I cannot wait to start!

1 comment:

  1. I've got about three feet of snow you could come shovel if you really want a new hobby. :-)

    ReplyDelete