Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Birthday

My birthday was on Saturday, Jan 15. Brian and I decided to open presents Friday after a wonderful two day weekend rather then wait a week or so. If other presents arrived after, I would open them as they came. Only one did :).

I had a wonderful birthday. I still do not feel 26 or 25 oh well. As I still have my Christmas tree out (see told you I was lazy) we had stored them all there.

My Mommy got me these:

www.pajamacity.com

They are SOOO comfy! The butt flap is infinitely better. I was concerned that it was still Velcro and Velcro doesn't stay as well as one would hope. I thought I would have to return it for another one without a butt flap but decided against it. I figured I would give it a shot and if it was an issue I could always attach snaps and hopefully between the snaps AND Velcro, I would be all set. Well I do not think I have to do anything to these pjs. As long as I am slightly cautious/aware when I sit down, the Velcro does not rip apart. SO comfy! I think I am going to have to buy another pair! They may be a bit too big but I like my pjs big and I think the next size down would be too small. I am wearing them now and Brian thinks they are the cutest thing ever!

Mommy and Daddy also got me Nora Roberts Bridal Quartet:















Remember my post about my new New Years Resolution? Where I read at least one book each month? I can't remember if I said this but I stole that idea from a fellow blogger. She had read a couple of the books from this series and loved it. These are the books that inspired me to even attempt the great idea and became a great gift! I have read the first two already and will post on those two specifically later.  So far I am LOVING it! I think I may have a new favorite author.

Mom and Dad also got me a new pair of yoga pants. They look so comfy and they look like they fit but to tell the truth...I still haven't tried them on due to me not being able to get out of these feetie pajamas.

My Aunt and Gramma gave me more money. I will be able to finish buy all of my Study Abroad books and more with my Christmas money so I have to figure out what to spend my Bday money. It will be something fun due to A) I feel like spending it on something fun (rare, I know) and B) I know if I don't and spend it on bills, etc. the money will be cut off lol :). And I just have NO idea what that something fun is. I am having multiple debates in my head about it.

My brother also gave me a very nice gift of an Amazon Gift Card. I love it and appreciate it! I can't decide what to spend it on either though! I have it narrowed it down to books but I don't know if I want to buy more Nora Roberts or the rest of No 1. Detective Agency.

Brian's gift is taking me to Charleston. He wanted to do a cooking class at our favorite kitchen store, Charleston Cooks!, for lunch and then dinner at our favorite restaurant Blossom. Well all the cooking classes are full so we will have to do something else but dinner at Blossom is still on. I think he was thinking of getting a hotel room and doing an overnight trip (Charleston is an easy day trip for us). I am not sure when we are going. He was thinking Thursday/Friday but he had to pick up a shift on Friday so now the idea is Wednesday/Thursday.

On Sunday I went over to Caroline and Allyson's as usual where we celebrated Allyson's and my birthdays (her's is January 16th). It was a blast! Caroline had made pork roast, asparagus with a hollandaise (spelling?) sauce and mashed potatoes with cheese cake for desert. Caroline and Allyson had given me 2 Valentines Day pot holders and 6 VDay hand made themed napkins. SO cute!

That was about it for my birthday! I will write about Charleston when we get back :) I am SO excited to get away!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a happy birthday!!
    p.s. We are moving the gym!! we found outr own building with air & heat! yippee!!

    ReplyDelete