Sunday, August 14, 2011

Busy Saturday :)

Yesterday was very busy. I had a hair cut which I posted pictures of (I am still loving it fyi).

After that Brian and I did our Bridal Registry. The stores names are linked to our registry.

We registered seriously at Bed Bath and Beyond. We tried to pick things we really wanted so that no matter what someone got us, we would be ecstatic. So yes....we do really want everyone of those pots and pans in case anyone was wondering if we were providing choices of a type of pot, no we would love each one :) We love our china. We already have good every day china so we asked for fine china which will be good for parties and special functions. We did ask for fine flatware and every day flatware as well. And yes, most of our registry is kitchen items. And yes, Brian and I have been living together for about 3 1/2 years now so we have a lot of it already but those items are cheap and are on their last leg. We have always planned to use the registry to get things we would LOVE and use but wouldn't/couldn't buy ourselves and to replace lower quality items for higher quality items. I should also say that our colors for the kitchen are Black and Red so if there is ever a color choice in kitchen items...we would appreciate it if you picked black or red :) I should also know that in terms of wine glasses/place mats/napkins/ fine china, etc we have registered for sets of 12 so some items we are asking for multiples of them to accomplish the 12. The only thing I can think of that is not for a set of 12 is our regular everyday flatware where we only registered for a set of 8.

We also registered at Pottery Barn. While I would love things from Pottery Barn, this was more to give people an idea of our taste and style. Basically if it is furniture it is on there to give you a sense of our style/look. There are candles, candle holders, picture frames, wicker baskets and a mirror that we would actually like and we hope will be looked at as possibilities. Now if someone wants to buy us the furniture we wouldn't mind it either :)

It was getting pretty frustrating with the registry's. Both companies did a great job so the frustration did not stem from them. The frustration is coming from the fact that we are 90% we are buying the house which is awesome but we have no idea what color we will end up painting the rooms. I know the dining room which is why I was able to place place mats/napkins/table clothes on the registry. We would have loved to put bedding, curtains, rugs, pillows, etc on the registry but we didn't want people spending money on things that may not work with whatever paint color we chose and I don't think we should be picking our paint color based on the wedding gifts especially since I could get different colored items. So that is why there is no bedding, rugs, curtains etc on either registry. We don't know the colors we are going to paint to so we can't pick anything out with real certainty.

Everyone has been telling me to put twice as many things on the list then guests I am inviting so people have options and we have basically done that. I think we are stopping at two stores.  Everyone is like register at as many places as you want/can but without knowing colors of the walls we are running out of things to add. While yes, we would like 2 pitchers, I really don't think we need 3 or more which I am afraid would happen if we had similar registries else where. I don't want people wasting their hard earned money. Plus I am starting to feel greedy. :-\ Though I am excited to see what we will actually get :) The items left over will turn into Christmas list's and "feeling rich" months.

After Bed Bath and Beyond but before Pottery Barn (Pottery Barn was the last stop before dinner) we went shopping for me. I needed a pair of brown shoes and white shoes to go with my dresses for work. We went to Payless and they were having a major sale which I didn't realize until we got to the register. One pair of shoes were on sale so I was feeling lucky with that but on top of that they were doing a Buy One, Get One sale so I got both pairs for a little less then $40 and saved about $20 dollars :). Always a good thing.

Next stop was finding an outfit for me to wear at our engagement shoot next weekend. I was having a really hard time finding an outfit until I went to Dress Barn. I found some great white pants and a great purple top. I am wearing them tomorrow to make sure with Caroline but I love them. I can wear it to work if I am really careful (stains are drawn to me). The pants were on sale so I got both items for a little less then $65.  (My hair cut was only $50 dollars this morning as well which I thought was a good deal...that includes tip) I like my outfit a bit too much because I am now thinking Brian won't look as nice next to me as he is wearing a work outfit and may not look as crisp/neat next to me as he has worn the pants/shirt multiple times and well....worn clothing never looks as good as new. Oh well.  At Dress Barn I also found a dress contender for Mom (we are debating what color is purple and if a certain dress coordinates)...this dress is a bit darker then I originally imagined but it still works and it is similar to my dress which would be cool :)

After the mall we picked up our Save the Dates as they came in. Now Caroline is going to start addressing the envelopes and I am going to start bugging the hotel about instructions on how to book the rooms for the people needing rooms. The goal is to have the Save the Dates in the mail by September 1st. They are SO cute :)

Why so early and why is the hotel info going with Save the Date? The hotel will only hold the rooms to December 1st so people need as much time as they can get to plan/save and book. We wish the deadline was later but such is life. After December 1st the rooms will be let go so guests will be on their own in finding a place to stay. It is possible they could still stay at the same hotel as everyone else but they would lose the group rate. Hopefully everyone will book in time. I would really hate to have to bug guests about not reserving their rooms. I also hope my guests follow the instructions on booking so the rooms don't get messed up. Reserving the right rooms is a bit of a complicated issue on the hotels end and if a guest calls in and leaves out or says the wrong thing they could easily end up in the wrong spot. I know the hotel would be able to fix any error but I would rather them not have too. :-\

After the Save the Dates we went to Pottery Barn and then went to TGIF for dinner. Al came over to watch the Giants vs. Panthers game and that was about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment