Monday, August 8, 2011

My weekend turned out amazing!

Outside of pigging out it was a blast!

Want to know why? My Aunt Betsy came down! She was here for work and we were able to meet up! She makes the second person other then my parents to come visit me :). I love my Aunt Betsy!

I picked her up at about 4 pm at her hotel and we went to Broadway. I don't own shorts and didnt want to be in a dress (I am in a dress every day at work and I am missing pants) so I was VERY hot. At first we just walked around Broadway and then we saw Wonderworks which is an upside down museum. I have been wanting to go for awhile but didn't want to have to deal with the crowds so we were waiting. Aunt Betsy had the excellent idea of doing it while she was here. We got the local discount because of me and we may have fibbed that Betsy was over 55 to get the local seniors discount. :)

When you first walk in you walk through a tunnel that has lights moving about so you think you are walking on a bridge that is swinging even though you are walking on a cement floor. At times I was afraid we would go upside down! SO cool!

Our first stop was the hurricane shack. We were excited about the winds but it sadly didn't last long enough and didn't blow hard enough :( It was a great cool down but we would have liked it better if it lasted longer and blew harder.

We then walked around, attempted some of the other sciencey experiments, failed and found the Titanic exhibit where you can feel how cold the water was. Man that was refreshing! We could have stayed there a lot longer but felt that we should probably move on.

They also had a big piano on the floor so we both pretended to be Tom Hanks in BIG. We also had fun dancing to music that created cool 70's colors on the walls, pretended to be neurosurgeons and failed miserably, and had a lot of fun just walking around.

The best part was the bike exhibit. There are two "bikes" and each bike has two seats. You and a partner sit in and you pedal. You move the ride forward by pedaling. If you can pedal hard enough and fast enough you will make the ride go around in a circle. It is a roller coaster you operate yourself. We had a blast waiting in line and was of course cheering everyone on ahead of us. Then it was our turn. We were not able to go all the way around but we got VERY close. We also ended up upside down we just couldn't do the first circle. We could not keep our feet on the pedals! I even lost the shoes they made me put on mid ride. It was a blast but man was I exhausted! My legs hurt, I was breathing so hard you would have thought I had just finished sprinting a mile. It was quite a workout! Thank goodness I had worked out for a month...if I hadn't I don't know if we were able to go upside down!

After that we finished walking around Wonderworks and found this:

 SO sweet :)

After WonderWorks we walked around and reminisced our family reunion in Arizona because of these guys:





Except this time we didn't feed them ice cream.

After that we went to dinner at Key West Grill. She had shrimp and grits with a side salad which were very good (maybe I don't mind shrimp and grits) and I had blackened salmon, a baked potato and a side salad as well. I enjoyed mine greatly. At this point it was about 7 and we decided to call it a night as she had a very busy weekend. I dropped her back off at the hotel and I went and hung out with Caroline for the rest of the night.

It was so great seeing Aunt Betsy! I miss her already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment