Saturday, August 20, 2011

A weekend with nothing to do...

This is the first weekend where I haven't had much to do for the wedding. Sure we have the photo shoot tomorrow but we don't really have to do much for that other then going shopping for Brian today. I haven't known what to do with myself.

I have finished watching The Kennedys with Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes among other famous people. I enjoyed it very much. It was 8 episodes but, to me who did not grow up within the Kennedy decade(s), it seemed to cover the big things very well. I was impressed with what I had already known. Maybe I did learn something in High School :)

Brian has been playing his game. He has been playing them a lot. I can't really complain as there really isn't anything else for him or us to do. I have gone in today about 5 times asking if he wants to do something and we can't decide what we can do.

I think I am going to pick knitting up again. I don't really have any excuse not to now that the wedding is basically planned. Plus my mini mountain of squares is looking at me.

You know your weight loss program is working when you can wash and dry jeans and not have to jump into them :) They are even a little loose :)

I already have September's meal plan organized. I have decided that we are going to go shopping once a week. That will hopefully solve the issue of forgetting items at the store which has been plaguing me this August and hopefully make it so that I can pay for some of the trips myself. Brian still has to do Costco because he knows his pin number on his debit card but I should be able to help with the actual grocery store. Before I would never have the money at the moment we needed to go for the month as 90% of the bills come out of my bank account. While that is still true, if we do it it weekly the amounts needed will be smaller and I should be able to help share that burden. It will also give us something to do on Saturday.

I like Septembers menu but it will be more expensive then normal I am afraid. We normally don't have red meat. We love red meat but it is expensive and not so great for you in the portions we wish we could eat it in. September has more red meat in it in normal. I could split the red meat menu's up between September and October but that doesn't really change anything as the meat comes from Costco and the Costco trip will be for September and October. October will be a cheaper month so it will even itself out. A lot of the meals on the menu are Brian's favorites and recipes we have been wanting to try for a while. We will also have more left overs. So far in August we have had JUST enough left overs to get us through.  September will definitely fix that. I am excited for the menu in September but still not sure if I am going to try and spread it out or if that will make much of a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment