Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Hurricane" Irene

Everyone has been making a big deal about Hurricane Irene. If we were in NC and above it would be a big deal. And everyone has been panicking.

I know hurricanes can be dangerous and cause a lot of damage but they have been calling wolf too many times for me to take one seriously. They either hit Florida or North Carolina and we only get a thunder storm that they call a tropical storm. I figure I will start paying attention when they are more sure of where they are going. I know these things are hard to predict and change but they can definitely be more clear then they have been.

So anyway, I had planned to go out with Walker (officiant, Mom #2's nephew, friend) and Blair (bridesmaid, Mom #2's daughter, friend). I don't know where we were going, we were going to play it by ear. I got home from work and saw Blair's facebook message that hurricane Irene ruined her plans all weekend and I texted Mom #2 to see if we were still doing something. It ends up that Walker cancelled but I still went over to Caroline's and ate with them. Brian had already told his friends he'd play his game so he didn't miss me. I ended up spending the night as it was a bit too windy and rainy....plus a hurricane sleepover is more fun then a hurricane party.

We ate a wonderful meal that Caroline cooked. Pork with apples and mashed potatoes so good! Apparently good breast feeding food. I also learned that I am going to be miserable while breastfeeding because I won't be able to eat foods with garlic in it. I LOVE garlic and garlic is in the majority of our recipes  :(. After dinner Blair and I watched "Something Borrowed". I liked it  but it is definitely a chick flick. I may have been disappointed if I saw it in the theaters but it was perfect for the occasion.

I left the next morning pretty early as I couldn't sleep and Brian and I had grocery shopping to prepare for. I love the day after a storm. The air is so clear and fresh, it is nice and cool out. Loving the weather today and wish it were like this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment