Saturday, February 12, 2011

Knitting Part 2

I have finished one square and started the other. I started the second a bit late due to the loss of a knitting needle but I think I have caught up.

The hardest part is trying to figure out how to make sure my squares are the same size. I tried counting the stitches but that looked WAY too small so I did as many stitches needed to get the right length. That looked right but as I continued knitting it became very clear that was wrong as well. So at 8pm last night I had to start over. I should still be able to finish this square by Sunday.

My hands still hurt. My left thumb is still the main culprit. My other knuckles don't hurt as much as they did in the beginning of the first sqaure. I can bend it but it hurts. It will be almost back to normal by the time I pick up the knitting again. My fingers have started to crack more (yes I know awful habit but if  I don't crack them they will hurt and won't move as easily) and as long as I crack them everything is fine.

I am really enjoying the knitting. I am finding it very relaxing and it is my favorite part of the day. I can't wait to get home and back to my knitting. It doesn't matter that I am doing the same thing over and over...I think that is what I like about it...I don't have to focus on it yet I get something done. I am glad my projects are going to take awhile so I don't have to come up with a new one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment