Monday, February 28, 2011

Whew, it's been awhile!

I have been so focused on knitting and so busy with the new changes that I have not had time to update.

1) Brian got the call he was waiting for.

We are very excited and he starts today. His current job knows and he is starting to work his two weeks this weekend I believe. Poor guy though, he won't have a day off until the Saturday my parents come down to visit (March 19th). M-F he works 8:15-5:15, Sat/Sun he works 11am to 11pm. His weekday schedule will cause us to have to redo our schedules. He and I have to get up at the same time now. Showers are not an issue as A) I usually take mine at night and B) we have to bathrooms. I am more concerned about sharing the kitchen and the fact that I do not rush as much when he is awake so I am going to have to force myself out of the house more then I usually do. Today I was "late" for work. I was about 5 minutes early but usually I am more like 15 minutes early. I completely blame that on not leaving the house as early as I normally do. I am not worried about not seeing him.....I hadn't seen him much at all the first 3 years of our relationship so a couple weeks more won't hurt too bad :).

Next stop: Buying a new car for him and saving for a house.

2) Coffee is evil

I only started drinking coffee 2 years ago or so when my friend Chris (Carley's dad) introduced me to Starbucks. At that point I would drink it every once in  awhile. My dad always drinks coffee....he likes his coffee black. He would probably say I like cream and sugar with a little coffee. When I started day shift I used to drink an 8 ounce cup from the restaurant and I had to drink it before 9am. Any later and I would be up all night. A couple months ago, probably at this point, my work had made some changes and I know get to make my coffee in the back. I can use the coffee our guests get in their room and the condiments and I am all set. For awhile I would make a full pot but quickly realized that all the people that used to drink coffee from the restaurant are no longer drinking coffee...at least from here. However, I was pour happy and didnt have an 8 ounce cup so I started bringing in a thermos. I started to accidently fill it half way up and then started to fill it all the way up. I was still sleeping at night, wasn't jittery and it became a nice morning routine...talking to the monthlies while nursing my coffee.

Then I started realizing that I was getting headaches. Massive headaches at about 1pm. Almost like migraines. The phone would ring. You want to pick up the phone. It is your job. The more reservations you make, the more commission you bring home. You, generally, like talking with people. The noise of the ringing hurts so bad you have to answer the phone. The voice on the other side is either deafening or so soft you are straining to hear them and your head is throbbing so much you just want to get them off the phone so you don't ask them to speak up or quiet down. Your head hurts so bad that while you are doing everything you can to sound perky, excited, bubbly and friendly you know you don't. Since you know this you try  not to say much because you definitely don't want to upset the guest. You find yourself leaning on the desk, phone up to you ear, grimacing and massaging your head praying the pain stops so you can go back to being yourself. Fortunately the guests on the other end aren't noticing anything wrong, heck some even recognize you and get all excited that they have reached you again. You find yourself walking outside because the fresh air helps a bit for as long as you are out there.

It got so bad that I started calling my mom to complain, not knowing what it was I was calling myself allergic to the lobby as I was fine elsewhere. I started talking to my co-workers about it. Then I decided to rule out the coffee. I wanted to prove it was not the coffee giving me the headaches. Well, it is Monday...otherwise known as my Thursday and I have not had coffee all week. Headache's are gone. Alot less stressed even when the phones are off the hook. I feel better at night (though I never realized I felt bad at night). Only down side is that I am crashing so so much earlier.

Coffee is evil

No comments:

Post a Comment