Thursday, February 17, 2011

V-Day

As I have mentioned, Brian and I don't do that much for the Valentines Day. If we do anything it is never on the actual day...we never get a chance to celebrate any holiday on the actual day. One of the side affects of working in the hospitality industry I guess.

Growing up, my family never did much. We got a card and when we were younger my mom would place these cute little wooden boxes with Hershey kisses, etc. in them and that was basically it. I didn't grow up expecting much.

In the past with Brian we have mostly just gone out to dinner. I think we have exchanged gifts once...

This year I was expecting the same...to go out to dinner at somepoint but when I got home from work on Monday Brian informed me that he had gotten me a present. I was floored! We had not talked about getting gifts so I had assumed that we were not going to give gifts.

Brian had gotten me four pearls. One of Brian's first gifts to me was an Add-A-Pearl necklace and Brian informed me that these pearls are not for that necklace. The pearls I have recieved this holiday are larger then the pearls that belong to the necklace but are a lower quality apparently (they look really pretty). I got 2 6.0mm pearls and 2 5.0mm pearls. Brian want's me to come up with something to do with them like a ring, broach, earrings (can't do due to my ears), etc.

Brian also said that we would go out to dinner tonight to celebrate VDay but I am stuck trying figure out where I want to go.

I am completely stuck on what to do with these pearls! Any suggestions? And what do I get him?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a nice surprise! How about a ring with the 4 pearls arranged in a row like you want your engagement ring stones set?

    ReplyDelete